Interestingly i came across an article by Risked based security which brings to light some very interesting numbers. Of the 2,164 reported security incidences in 2013, 822 million records where exposed.
- 71.2% breaches where from outside agents or external activities
- 59.8% of incidences where hacking attempts
- 72% of incidences had exposure of records
- 37% of security incidences, names, usernames, passwords and emails where leaked
- 47.8% of the breaches included the leakage of passwords
We are almost at the end of 2014 and already we have passed the amount of reported incidences and amount of records exposed, so keep your networks safe people.